April 30, 2007
- weigh-in 90.4kg.
April 26, 2007
- Short morning swim, 600m doing sighting and bilateral breathing practice.
April 22, 2007
- A bit of an epic: 19 mile ride, 1km swim, 19 mile ride. With the trailer. TE 2.x each way, swim about 30 mins. Got lost on the swim: must work on OW sighting.
April 21, 2007
- 25 mile loop up and down the Mendips, fair pace.TE 2.4, AHR 132, MHR 169, 1049cal.
- 2-mile test run in flat shoes running barefoot-style. No shin splint problems at all, but the shoes hit my calves hard.
April 20, 2007
- Bike commute, 2x10 miles, 2.x TE.
April 19, 2007
- Best swim ever: 1500m in one go. Splits:
- 750m 18:34
- 1000m 24:57
- 1500m 38:15
April 16, 2007
- Bike day: Morning commute, warmup then two aerobic intervals (HR to 160 over 5 min) then the traffic. TE 2.8. Afternoon, just chewing home too knackered to do anything clever but pushing it, TE 3.0. Lower peak HR, less time in Z3 though.
April 15, 2007
- Weigh-in: 91.4 kg.
- 6k run. Kept off my heels on the downhills, which made for much faster sections. Alas, splinty badness forced a walk so the overall time was 36:00, 491kcal, TE 3.2, AHR 148, MHR 168. Finished with shin stretches, ibuprofen and a hot/cold shower.
April 14, 2007
- Short ride, 10 miles before I broke a spoke (dammit!). New tri suit arrived, it's nice.
April 13, 2007
- Morning swim: 1000m in 400-200-400, the 400s in 10:00 and 10:09. Busy trafficky lane, not the best focus, but chuffed I stuck it out. Next session goal: 3x400m.
April 12, 2007
- Hard bike to work and back, 2x 10 miles attacking on the hills. Felt good.
April 11, 2007
- Rotten lunchtime run, 4k of cramping feet and shin pain and wheeziness. Need to sort out shoes and base!
April 06, 2007
- 400m in 9:13, new personal best.
April 02, 2007
- Brick: 15 miles bike, 2km run. Reference weigh-in: 93.2kg, dammit.
April 01, 2007
- Return-to-the-water swim, some 100s and 200s. Fatigued very quickly, I'm hoping that's lurgy lungs and that my burning shoulders will sprout muscle memory in the near future. Pace was about on course for a 9:45 400m. I absolutely have to make that or I'll get overtaken and I hate that.
Got to the end and not found the entry you're looking for? Check the archive for older stuff. This blog started on May 1st 2002, so don't expect to find anything before then.