March 31, 2007
- 6k steady get-back-into-it run.
March 28, 2007
- 10 miles bike, first anything since the lurgy. Felt okay, not tip-top but workable.
March 17, 2007
- 32 miles of gentle but grim windy bonky pootle on the road bike.
- Heavy day: 10 miles in on fixed, then 15 miles back with a swim. Lungs still bad.
March 15, 2007
- Short, cool run, low HRs, 2km. Lungs clamped up from this damn lurgy.
March 14, 2007
- Short grotty swim with traffic and cough issues.
March 11, 2007
- Run: Slow, wheezy, tired run with my left arch playing up. Fatigued from recent stuff and not enough running; this was a bit of a placeholder. 6k, 40 mins, big walk break.
March 10, 2007
- Weights in the evening. Progression on all bar the rows, but since I swam this morning, that's just fine.
- Clean & Jerk: 30kg x12; 35kg x12; 35kg x12.
- Stiff-Leg Deadlift: 40kg x10; 50kg x12; 50kg x10.
- Bent-Over Row: 30kg x10; 30kg x11; 30kg x10.
- 5kg Ball Crunch O'Doom: 12; 12; 12.
- Quick ride down to the pool, but it was too busy for much. Nice little drill before the humantraffic drove me bonkers.
March 08, 2007
- Good day: 2x10 miles fixie commute, and a 1000m swim with a new PB 850m set.
March 06, 2007
- Short but solid swim at lunchtime. No endurance, but stroke felt good and the sync between the hip twist and my recovery hand was tight.
March 05, 2007
- Short swim session with Chuffy, just to keep my hand in while my snotty lungs clear.
- Reference weigh and pinch: 91.4kg, 16.4 % bodyfat.
March 03, 2007
- 32 miles hilly riding: one recce lap of the Wimbleball Half-Ironman bike course. Still got my lurgy - limited lung capacity meant that I was way under strength and had to walk two of the three chevron climbs (the third was more technique and innervoice than power). TE 3.1, AHR 139, MHR 173, 2650cal(!), effort spread across the zones.
Under-fuelled badly: one yoga bar and a bottle of Nuun. Total, 89 cals - stupid. Fell upon lunch like a pack of wolves, overate, got gut cramp apocalypse for the rest of the day. Just because it's a recce ride doesn't mean I shouldn't take it seriously.
March 01, 2007
- Clean & Jerk: 11x30kg; 10x35kg; 12 x 35kg.
- Stiff-Leg Deadlift: 12x40kg; 12x45kg; 12x50kg.
- Bent-Over Row: 10x30kg; 10x30kg; 10x30kg.
- 5kg Ball Crunch O'Doom: 10; 10; 10.
Got to the end and not found the entry you're looking for? Check the archive for older stuff. This blog started on May 1st 2002, so don't expect to find anything before then.