February 26, 2007
- ...and blammo! with a lightning cold. Overtrained? If I took the TE religiously, then I should have had a light day before that long ride. 10 miles home were hellish and slow.
- 22 miles around the Tivvy Triangle before work. 1:33; TE 3.1; AHR 138; MHR 166; 1280cal; mostly zone 2. Start with ECA, some Nuun while riding, finish with a bacon roll and banana. Felt harder than it was, but legs were tired.
February 25, 2007
- Nice steady seven-mile base run round the hamlets south of Crediton followed by stretching, a cold shower and a Soreen Go bar. Good stuff. 1:07:34, TE4.6, AHR 157, MHR 173, 1200 cals. Over 50 minutes in zone 3, which is surprising as it felt smooth. Slow but solid over generously rolling terrain and a 30-yard ford!
February 23, 2007
- Tough ride home, distracted, 10 miles.
- 10 mile ride into work: TE 3.0; AHR 139, MHR 161, spread evenly across the zones. Tired legs after last night's weights.
February 22, 2007
- Weights. This is the tri-specific, fairly high rep, whole-body, core and blah blah programme. All weights exclude the bars:
- Clean & Jerk: 10x30kg; 10x35kg.
- Stiff-Leg Deadlift: 10x40kg; 12x50kg; 12x50kg.
- Bent-Over Row: 12x30kg; 12x30kg; 12x30kg.
- 5kg Ball Crunch O'Doom: 7; 8; 7.
- Morning swim: kick drills. Sorta getting there but it wasn't beautiful. Ankles definitely feel looser but it's easy to bicycle instead of doing the hip thing. Work in progress.
February 21, 2007
- Lunchtime run, steady, flat and slow. 6.3km, from work down to the canal, along to the gasometers, back to the Double Locks and home. Wheezy. TE3.4, 42:06.
February 20, 2007
- Bike-swim in the morning, errands and bike home; 24 miles total and a 30-minute skill session focusing on head and body position and the back end of the pull. Restarted ECA. Good day.
February 19, 2007
- 6k run, steady, TE3.4. Reference weigh-in: 91.8kg.
February 18, 2007
- 70km easy ride from Wells to Longleat and back in the chilly drizzle, then hard 1km (!) run. First brick of the season was rather tough. Twelve weeks until New Forest...
February 17, 2007
- 47 mile ride at easy pace: Wells to Longleat. No lions. Followed immediately (brick) by a 1km run - had to pack the run as everything got hideously tight.
February 16, 2007
- Pretty poor evening swim.
February 15, 2007
- Morning swim: benchmarking 400m so I can guess a time for the Penzance Easter sprint. The time? 10:08. That compares to 15:00 for Burnham (!) so I'll put down 9:45. That way I have a moving target too.
February 12, 2007
- 24 miles, commute plus errands, can't count it as anything but a footling day as there was a massive tailwind in and mechanicals on the way back.
- Evening bike commute, 10 miles on fixie, TE 3.5, AHR 143, MHR 163, 614cal, zones 2 and 3.
February 11, 2007
- Good hard run on the Hookway loop: 50:22 TE4.1 ahr 153, mhr 176, 769cal, mostly zone 3, 8.75km, 5:45/km. Even remembered to stretch afterwards. Weigh-in 90.4kg.
February 10, 2007
- Abs and vanity weights. Got some NO2 for experimentation: it's definitely a vasodilator, that's for sure. Not sure if it's any use, but the opening sets were monumental.
February 09, 2007
- Fixie ride home in more driving rain. 10 really grim miles, TE 3.2, AHR 138, MHR 166, 677 cal. No wonder it felt tough: it was!
- Fixie 10 miles in, in the driving rain. TE 2.7, AHR 130, MHR 167 579 cal.
February 08, 2007
- Nice morning swim, putting some of the Beastmaster's stuff into practice. Improved head position really helps with breathing; longer stroke and slower more powerful kick are both tough on underworked muscles.
February 07, 2007
- 10 mile fixie commute. TE 3.0, AHR 140, MHR 161 (was I asleep?), 539cal, mostly zone 2.
Also 4 miles lunchtime footling.
- 10 mile fixie commute, TE 3.0, AHR 136, MHR 168, 600cal. Even zone spread.
February 02, 2007
- Lovely ride home, 10 miles on the fixie, warm dry roads. TE3.2 (the way back has more uphill); AHR 140; MHR 166; 587cal. Balance of zones was mostly in 2 and 3.
- Mellow fixie ride in, 10 miles, TE2.7, AHR 128 mostly spread over the lazy zones, MHR 162, 535cal.
Got to the end and not found the entry you're looking for? Check the archive for older stuff. This blog started on May 1st 2002, so don't expect to find anything before then.