January 31, 2007
- Just 7 miles on the bike. Out of that slump though.
January 27, 2007
- Nice 26 mile ride, up onto the Mendips (the hill beat me, just!), round and about, then back down a hair-raising descent. TE 3.2.
- 90 minutes of swim training - body position, catch-up stroke, kick and breathing drills.
January 26, 2007
- Morning run, 6.5km to the deathtree in 36:33, average speed 5'39/km. TE3.4 split across zones 2 and 3 (taking it easy), AHR 149, MHR 173, 445cal. Cold and sleepy, this was a bit of a placeholder schlep.
January 25, 2007
- Short morning swim (running late, mind not on the job), some nice rhythm, a bit rushed. 250m longest set.
January 24, 2007
- And 10 miles home, nice and easy, TE2.9, AHR 137, MHR 161, 600 cals.
- Nice lazy commute in: 10 miles, TE 2.7, AHR 128, MHR 165, 620 cals.
January 23, 2007
- Evening swim: the mojo is back. All of a sudden the rhythm clicked and I banged out a 500m set. Lovely.
January 21, 2007
- Nice half-hour swim, roll and breathing drills. It's coming back.
January 20, 2007
- Nice comfortable run in the squally wind. 6km, all zone 3, TE 3.8, AHR 150, MHR 173, 580cal.
January 17, 2007
- Bike into work: 10 miles, stormy tailwind. AHR 141, MHR 172, spread across the zones, 627 cals. Finished with five good deep nauli vaccums (transversus deeper than obliques for the first time that I've spotted, yay!).
January 16, 2007
- Short morning swim: skill drills, mostly body position and buoy-pressing. It's coming back.
January 15, 2007
- Monday weigh-in: 91.8kg.
- Pre-dawn 6km run to the deathtree. Back on low-dose ECA. Run TE 3.7 for a steady (if wheezy) trundle; AHR 149; MHR 175; mostly zone 3; 550 cal; average speed 5:40 ish (pretty variable).
January 10, 2007
- Ride home: TE 2.5, AHR 127, MHR 153, again all in the mimsy zones.
- Slow, easy, tailwindy bike commute - 10 miles, TE 2.4 (ha!), AHR 122, MHR 157, 545 cal. All in the easy zones. Interesting to note that the difference between an easy ride and a stiff one is minimal in terms of calories burned.
January 09, 2007
- Short swim at the Riverside pool, which has plenty of lanes and is much much cooler. Worked on breathing drills, as I seem to have forgotten everything!
January 07, 2007
- 10-mile time trial in 31.25. Ouch! Slow! No damn power at all.
January 05, 2007
- 10 mile ride home on Dave, a bit harder. TE 3.4, AHR 146, MHR 164, 626cal.
- 10 mile ride to work on Dave, TE 3.0, AHR 137, MHR 166, 535cal.
January 04, 2007
- Short morning swim, trying to get my form back but it was hugely busy and there were no lanes. Will try another pool.
January 03, 2007
- Lunchtime run, pacing for a TE of 3.5+, the first time I've paced for TE. Ended up running for 29 minutes, TE 3.9, AHR 164, MHR 183, 550 cals, mostly in the high zones. 5 2/3 klicks down to the quay and back, averaging 5'07 per klick. Good hard run, that.
January 02, 2007
- Monthly weigh-in: 91kg, 16.9% body fat. I blame the festive season. Back on the wagon now...
January 01, 2007
- Surf's up! A session down at Puttsborough to get the year started, surprisingly crowded, got some kneerides and a couple of standy-grabs. Nastia and I need to go to surf school.
Got to the end and not found the entry you're looking for? Check the archive for older stuff. This blog started on May 1st 2002, so don't expect to find anything before then.