December 28, 2006
- 10 miles home, TE3.4, AHR 146 MHR 166, 600 cals.
- Morning ride in: TE3.2, AHR 142, MHR 171, 630 cals. Usual zone spread. Restarted ECA. Plan to start logging AHR and MHRs for workouts so I can track improvement in condition over time.
- Vanity weights only, today: 3x10 @ 12kg for curl and shoulder press; x20 slow deep crunches.
December 26, 2006
- Nice trundly 28 mile bike ride; TE 2.8, 1800cal. In rotten near-bonky form.
December 25, 2006
- Short 3km run (left shoe too tight, must fix!), 4x10 slow ball crunches, stretching.
December 24, 2006
- Vanity weights, 12kg x10s + 20s crunch.
- Rotten short swim, no form or strength - it seems that just over two weeks is enough to clobber my form. Regularity, young Gates!
December 22, 2006
- 20 miles lazy ride feeding the traffic-light goblins. TE3.1.
December 17, 2006
- 10k Weston AC Christmas Cracker in 57:10; a new PB by a solid margin. Pretty happy with that.
December 14, 2006
- Meandering and boozy ride home, 12 miles easy pace.
- Nice easy 10 mile bike commute, TE2.9 (it's hard to get much higher on the way in with a tailwind).
December 13, 2006
- Short hard, rather ouchy run. 3k, lunchtime.
December 10, 2006
- 10k in an hour, more or less.
December 09, 2006
- Nice easy ride around the Levels; 35 miles in bloomin' ages, taking it easy 'cos of the hangover - nobody pushed the pace. TE2,5, most time spent in HR zone 1. Recovery from sambuca sake sherry and schnapps.
December 07, 2006
- Another good swim: a 750m set plus warmups, slower than Monday though, averaging 43 seconds a length. The pool was too busy to do any skill drills. I'll consolidate this 750 over the next couple of sessions before beginning the big push for 1000m by the end of the year.
December 05, 2006
- Nice strong ride into work, 10 miles, TE 3.1, AHR 134.
- Slow, fatigued ride back, 10 miles, TE2.5, AHR 128.
December 04, 2006
- Evening run in the new shoes (Brooks Beast). 4.4km, 5:46'/km pace, TE 3.3.
- Weigh-in 90kg, 14.6% bodyfat at start of 20week c/t3 cycle.
- Good short swim: 600m set (new pb!) in 16 minutes (new endurance pb!) which makes an average speed of 40 secs/length. Plus, in the warmdown, one perfect tumble-turn.
December 01, 2006
- 20 miles ride in 2x10, moderate effort as my poor glutes are sore after yesterday's run.
Got to the end and not found the entry you're looking for? Check the archive for older stuff. This blog started on May 1st 2002, so don't expect to find anything before then.