November 30, 2006
- 5k lunchtime run with a 5:45 lower-pace alarm as a nag. Worked a treat: average speed was 5:31/km, average HR 154. And the magic box has promoted me to Level 7.5 - which apparently makes me a regional level endurance athlete!
- Mediocre morning swim, not enough sleep.
November 27, 2006
- 90 minute swim session in sunny Scotland... tumble turns and TI swim golf: my opening handicap is 102, RB made 93.
November 26, 2006
- Nice steady ride, 22 miles or so in an hour and a half around the North side of the Forth. TE2.5, exactly the recovery workout I needed.
November 25, 2006
- Run: 6 km in 35:40, TE 4.0 (!), AHR 148, almost all zones 2 & 3. Average speed 5'51/km, so not bad for base. Need to pick it up!
November 22, 2006
- 20 miles bike, two nice easy sessions which came out at TE 2.9 and 3.1 respectively. And that makes five days of work on the trot, so I'll call tomorrow a rest day.
November 21, 2006
- Body fat: 14.4%
- Short lunchtime run, two laps of the hospital site, 4.6km, average speed 5:06/km which is close to the 50-minute 10k pace I was aiming for. Ave HR 160; max 178; 350cal, almost all zone 3 (hard);, TE 3.6.
- Did a resting heart rate test last night, laying down reading a bit of Gormenghast just before bed. 56bpm. Wow!
- Nice swim workout (again, AM, after ECA but before breakfast). 2x50m warmup; 2x200m; 4x50m fist drills (ooh, hips!); 500m. Total 1200m, 45min.
November 19, 2006
- An afternoon's track riding at Calshot velodrome: not the biggest workout but lots of fun and some good soreness.
- Breakthrough swim workout: First 500m set. That was the icing on some warmup lengths, a couple of 200m sets, and about 200m of 45-second lengths. Total about 1000m.
November 18, 2006
- Short run to test out the Suunto T3 and footpod; 2.6 miles, at about 9:20/mile pace, TE 3.7.
November 16, 2006
- 10 mile commute in, regular firm intensity. New toy says that was an average HR of 130, peak 171, TE 3.2 and 512 kcals burned. Which justifies the cheese scone >:)
10 mile ride back was TE 3.0, similar numbers otherwise, bonked hard a mile from home as I had a bout of viral gastro coming on. Lovely.
November 15, 2006
- 20 minutes on the rollers, 250 cals burned, Suunto training level 3.
- Nice morning swim, 750m with a 300m set. Lost my focus when it got crowded.
November 13, 2006
- 45 miles at a steady pace with the Wells triathlon mob.
November 08, 2006
- Ball crunches, 3x20.
November 07, 2006
- Evening swim: 750m, high-elbow drills.
- Rubbish wheezy morning run: 2.5km.
November 05, 2006
- 64 mile steady run out to Barnstaple and back.
November 04, 2006
- Crummy 1 mile run before everything cramped and went wheezy. Walked back. Bah.
November 02, 2006
- 4 miles fixie errands on Lance. Legs tired!
November 01, 2006
- 20 bike miles.
Got to the end and not found the entry you're looking for? Check the archive for older stuff. This blog started on May 1st 2002, so don't expect to find anything before then.