September 30, 2006
- Surfing! Followed by fast-demolition!
September 29, 2006
- 6.5k run, reasonably lazy, 44:30.
September 26, 2006
- Bike, 20 miles. The return leg while fasted was tough.
September 25, 2006
- Swim: the pool was busy so instead of banging out lanes I had a go at tumble turns. Well, I can tumble. Turning, that'll come. 45 mins, no idea of distance.
September 24, 2006
- 2.5km run immediately followed by olympic novice session 1.1:
- Power snatch 30x4, 30x4, 35x4, 35x4.
- Push jerk 35x4, 35x4, 35x4, 35x2 (right wrist flexibility!).
- Back squat (deep) 40x10 then hamstring cramp!
- Back hyperextensions 3x10.
Rather startled by those cramps - I'll have to see if they're from the run, or the lack of squats since forever.
September 21, 2006
- 6km steady trundle run.
September 19, 2006
- Good little pool session: 1km, 350m best set. New PB, felt solid.
September 18, 2006
- Vanity weights + abs. 3x12, 37/21 + 5 vacs.
- Fixie commute: 2 x 10 miles. Felt strong and rested.
September 12, 2006
- Just the vanity weights today, totally beasted still.
September 11, 2006
- Short parachute session surfing. Croyde has quite different waves to Saunton!
September 10, 2006
- Cotswold Triathlon. I got 260th overall (out of 350), 40th in age group G (35-40) out of 53, chuffed to bits with that as it's a competitive group. Feels like I'm creeping up the field out of fun-runner and into leisure athlete, which was pretty much my goal for the year.
Swim 09:12 - in the tail but not off the back of it. Down with the breast strokers but not calling for the safety boat. Plenty of work to do over the winter though!
Bike 38:32 - it felt faster, was holding a bit much in reserve maybe? I expected the ride to run for longer. Still, a workmanlike performance.
Run 23:19 - better than it felt, neat.
Overall 01:11:04, which is uncomparable to anything ever because of the ad hoc swim. A nice way to end the tri season.
September 09, 2006
- Statto: 87.8kg, 14.1% bodyfat. So even though my weight's been stable my bodyfat's dropped. Can't be anything other than happy :)
September 07, 2006
- Great AM swim - 2 x 250m plus scraps. Felt clean and controlled and sustainable, thanks to E's breathing tips. Celebrated by buying some fish fingers!
September 06, 2006
- 10 miles back, into a surprisingly grotty headwind. First ever sighting of bicep veins. Rather stoked at that :)
- Nice 22-mile breakfast ride around the Tivvy triangle - nearly made the big bad hill, next time, dammit!
September 05, 2006
- Vanity weights, 12kg x 11s.
September 04, 2006
- 10 mile bike / 2 mile run brick. Tough - couple of hurt box moments.
- 10 miles bike, nice and aggressive.
September 03, 2006
- 4km run in 25:08. Fierce hill climb up Pounds Hill due to a wrong turn!
- Nice steady swim, finished with 200m endurance run. Broke stroke, had breathing barfs, mangaed it all. Lie on your lungs, young Skywalker!
September 02, 2006
- Surfing, which I'm going to call either "active recovery" or "cross-training" depending on how long I spend doing it and how rough I feel after. Today was active recovery, because the waves at Woolacombe were big and random and rippy and I got beaten up. Abused by the wooly bully, no less!
Got to the end and not found the entry you're looking for? Check the archive for older stuff. This blog started on May 1st 2002, so don't expect to find anything before then.