July 31, 2006
- Open water swim in heavy, grey conditions. Some truly dreadful sighting issues but rhythm and pace were better than before. Next time do the full slow-group course!
July 30, 2006
- Good swim session this morning: Sunday mornings the pool is quietest. 30 lengths / 750m, mostly in 75s after a short warmup. One 100 before warmdown. Satisfied.
July 29, 2006
- Run 6k in 34:44, immediately followed by shaping workout (3x9s in curl, shoulder press, crunch and reverse crunch superset). First sighting of cephalic vein. Booyah.
July 28, 2006
- 20 miles commute, 30 minute swim (wrong session, couldn't dodge kids enough and my gogs started to leak, bah).
July 26, 2006
- Time trial! Route: Rewe-Cowley loop, 10 miles. Conditions: Evening, hot, light wind.
Me: 27:47, average speed 21.6mph. Chuffy: 27:33, average speed 21.8mph.
Total miles for the day, 40.
July 25, 2006
- 6k run in 34:38, nice and free, some lower-leg recovery drill and general goodness. Weigh-in 87.8kg.
July 24, 2006
- 20 miles hard and fast with a video camera on my head (!).
July 23, 2006
- Short swim, good form but no mental focus - not enough sleep.
July 22, 2006
- Shaping db weights, 12kg, 9-10-9.
- Steady jog to the Deathtree and back; 6km in 36 min. Tried my spanky new running bottle and Nuun hydration tabs for the first time. Nuun is nice. the bottle is a faff. Weigh-in: 88.2kg.
July 20, 2006
- 20 miles bike, steady in the heat.
July 17, 2006
- Open-water swim with the tri club. Still at the back of the bus, but I think I've identified some of the critical problems with breathing I was having, so that's progress.
July 16, 2006
- 36 nice solid lengths in the pool. Practising body position and zipperskate and arm entry.
July 04, 2006
- 24 miles fixie; 2x10 mile fast commute plus errands, felt good and strong. Also: bodyfat calipers, 4-site test, 17.5%. VAT fat :)
July 03, 2006
- Pool: Skill drill, no focus, bit of a short blah session. Joined so can go all I like now.
July 02, 2006
- 50km fixie shakedown and limber ride round the Somerset Levels, taking in Cheddar for spice.
July 01, 2006
- 3k run in the AM (aborted 'cos of hayfever!). Open-water skills session with Elaine in the Huntspill PM.
Got to the end and not found the entry you're looking for? Check the archive for older stuff. This blog started on May 1st 2002, so don't expect to find anything before then.