Training DiaryAugust 27, 2005 - Couple of miles trailer chores. Later, 2-mile run.
* Overhead Squat: 20kg x3, x3, 30kg x3, 35kg x3. It's not the weight, it's getting it over the centre of gravity and not keeping it there during the deep squat. Improvement, though :)
* Power Clean below knees: 35kg x3, 45kg x3, 50kg x3, 55kg x2 (nearly!).
* Front Squat: 40kg x8, 50kg x8, 55kg x7 (dammit!).
* Military Press 10kg x8, 20kg x8, 25kg x8. Go for 15 warmup and 25 first work set next time.
Total #lifts: 70; total intensity 2260 kg.
* Power Snatch (below knees) 20kg x3, 30kg x3, 35kg x3, 40kg x2... nearly got the third!
* Power Clean (above knees) 30kg x3, 40kg x3, 50kg x3, 55kg x2. Progress. The jump's messy though - need to concentrate on that.
* Back Squat 50kg x8, 60kg x8, 70kg x8. Nice.
* Good Morning 40kg x8, 50kg x8, 60kg x8. Really good tight form, yay.
Total #lifts: 70; Total intensity (exc bar): 3445kg.
* Power Snatch above the knees & Overhead Squat 20kg x3+2, 30kg x3+2, 35kg x3+2 (right at the limit of stability!).
* Power Clean & Split Jerk 30kg x3+2, 40kg x3+2, x3+2.
* Front Squat 40kg x10, 50kg x9, 60kg x2 and then my left wrist said no.
Total #lifts: 51. Total intensity (exc bar): 2020kg.
Also, four miles round-town errands on the fixie.
* Power Snatch 20x4, 30x4, 35x4, x4. Up 5kg on last time.
* Power Clean: 30x4, 40x4, 50x4, x4. Bar's beginning to recieve right.
* Back Squat 40x10, 55x10, 70x10. Up 10kg on last time. Ain't muscle memory a darling?
* Behind Neck Press, snatch grip: 10x10, 20x10, x10.
Total #lifts: 92. Total intensity (exc bar): 3110kg.
*Power Snatch from below the knees with Overhead Squat: 15kg x3+2; 30kg x3+2; 35kg x3+2. Those overhead squats are hard to get deep and balance at the same time!
* Power Clean and Push Jerk: 15kg x3+2; 30kg x3+2; 40kg x3+2. Recieving is getting better. Those push jerks are a little too jerky rather than pushy, though.
* Front Squat 40kg x8, 50kg x8, 60kg x8. That's supposed to be back squats but I've got a fresh tattoo and need to keep the bar off it.
* Power snatch from hang 4x4: 15, 30, 30, 35kg.
* Split jerk from front load 4x3: 15, 30, 35, 40kg. They were fun!
* Front squats 40x10, 50x10.
And then rain stopped play. Those front-loading lifts are a LOT easier since I cut out the collar of one of my skanky tees - the seam doesn't dig in. One good thing about training at home: you can look like a vile hobo troll.
All weights, as usual, are in kilos and exclude the bar. So, workout one:
* Power Snatch 4x4: 15, 15, 30, 30. Starting out ever so light to get the form. This is a tricky lift. Synchronising the explosion and jump are going to take practice.
* Push Jerk 4x4: 15, 15, 30, 30. That's easier without a collared shirt (must buy some vests..!). Can easily handle more once I get that bar-set position sussed.
* Deep Squat: Ass to the grass, 40x10, 55x10, 60x10. Oh yeah, love that.
* Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 40x10, 55x10, 70x10. Need to watch my form on that.