April 29, 2005
- 22 miles on the fixie. Good ride: nice and hard where I wanted it to be, and a delicious ooze cruise through town. Caught the train home to save my legs for Sunday.
April 28, 2005
- 4-mile easy plod. That's it before the Big Day.
April 27, 2005
- Couple of miles bike errands on the new fixie.
April 25, 2005
- 4 mile run: hard and grim. Too much food in my belly and the wrong music on the 'pod.
- Weekly weigh-in: 99.2kg, 31.5%. This is daft: there was a monster blow-out stag weekend in that!
April 20, 2005
- The last big milestone covered with relative ease: ten miles. Took 1:40:52, which the astute will notice is a 10 minute mile still - I'm a godsdamned metronome. Used one energy gel halfway; I'll take two with me on the big day. That was good. The last couple of miles were entertainingly hallucinatory.
April 19, 2005
- Weekly weigh-in is suspiciously stable: 99.2kg, 31.5%. Again.
April 18, 2005
- 30 steady bike miles. Tiring.
April 17, 2005
- 4 mile loop in the rain, steady 10 minute pace. That makes me two Paula Radcliffes :)
April 16, 2005
- 2 miles trailer errands on the fixie.
April 15, 2005
- 35 miles commute and lunchtime pootle. Back on the ephedrine again, so I'm smiley and it was pretty good.
April 14, 2005
- Rotten run, 4 miles really heavy, stiff and leaden - ate too much too soon before going out and took the loop the hard way. And I'm a sea of blisters. Damn, but I miss the ephedrine...
April 12, 2005
- 30 nice steady bike miles.
April 11, 2005
- Weekly weigh-in: 99.2kg 31.5%, so steady on last week.
April 10, 2005
- 8 miles in 1:17; keeping that ten-minute mile pace. I was apprehensive about that run - it's the furthest ever. Did two laps of my four-mile circuit with a quick break halfway to have a pee and slurp down some water and a gel (High-5 banana).
The kit is pretty much spot on. Hilly Twin Skin socks have sorted most of the blistering problems except the light ones along the insteps: need to put a plaster on those before running. A couple of sticky plasters on the nipples sorted any problems there. And the Nike coolmax singlet, while fashion suicide, was very comfy. And the MP3 sits best with the cord down the inside of the singlet and the player in a waisty pocket - so I'll retrofit one to my shorts.
April 09, 2005
- Couple of miles of trailer chores to shake out the incredible, eye-watering DOMS in my legs. Gods, I hurt.
April 08, 2005
- 22 miles on the fixie. Man, are my legs sore in all the usual places - fixie riding works different muscles compared to regular riding. Me sore..!
April 07, 2005
- Pace run, 1 mile - went at it too hard and my pipes closed up. Wheezy and horrible!
April 05, 2005
- Easy 5 mile plod, 49:43. Good pace and yummy new double-skin socks!
April 04, 2005
- Weekly weigh-in: 99.4kg, 31.5% bodyfat. Stable under 100kg - yay! 35 mile commute and chores, very hard toward the end.
April 03, 2005
- Gentle three-miler along the ridge. This was something of a rehab rub to get my left ankle back into working order, took it very easy and didn't time myself: the run was very easy (blimey, conditioning!) and the ankle was acceptable. Time to draw up a training chart for the half.
April 02, 2005
- Couple of miles bike & trailer chores.
Got to the end and not found the entry you're looking for? Check the archive for older stuff. This blog started on May 1st 2002, so don't expect to find anything before then.