February 28, 2005
- Weekly weigh-in: 101.4kg, 32% bf. Dammit, up again. Grump. Off the ECA for a fortnight now, so a comparision of eating styles and moods is in order.
February 27, 2005
- Three miles in 24:06. I think I'm getting more used to the shoes. Hope to do the loop (about four and a half miles) next week.
February 26, 2005
- Just a two-mile run on my incredibly expensive new running shoes. The hells are incredible, so's the jump if I sprint, but damn, those big motion-control inserts are weird. Feels like they want me to run bow-legged and my arches are quite upset by the whole notion. I'll do a three or so tomorrow and see how I adapt.
February 25, 2005
- Four fixie town miles today.
The current eph stack is as follows: 2x franol (21mg eph) 2x pro-plus (100mg), 1/2 aspirin (150). Morning, teatime and just before bed.
February 24, 2005
- Eight miles tooling around town on the fixie in the snow. Back on the eph, for the time being.
February 21, 2005
- 30 miles bike. The ride home was horrible, real deathmarch, been a zombie all evening.
- This week's weigh-in, 100.4kg at 33.5%. Good, not as much off as I had hoped - I wanted to dip under 100 - but definitely good. For some reason this morning I was really grumpy about it, but looking at the diary helps put the numbers in perspective. More of the same...
February 20, 2005
- Feeling really pummelled after yesterday's fixie ride, so just a two-mile run today (16:34).
February 19, 2005
- Yesterday was needed rest: that running hit me harder than I thought. And it seems that the very low dose of eph (2x11mg) is easily adapted to. Ah well. Upping it to the same does three times a day for a while and keeping an eye on things. Oh, and ten miles on the fixie today: a shakedown of the current setup, but blimey it was hard in that wind! And I followed that up (after a cup of tea and more eph) with the couple of miles with the trailer that it takes to get the weekly veg box.
February 17, 2005
- Really tired, really hungry, really grumpy. Rest day today.
February 16, 2005
- 3 and a bit miles in 26:44. The wired feeling is less now and that was hard.
February 15, 2005
- 18 miles bike (I got a lift in - it was icy). Did the ride home in 1:05, which is exceptional for winter kit (my PB ever is 0:59 last summer and the average is 1:15). Felt less hungry: the midway snackstop was lighter than usual, which fits with the appetite-suppressant effect I've been feeling. Was also more thirsty, which fits the literature: I've been dry mouthed and drinking lots.
February 14, 2005
- Blimey. Just over three miles run in 28:30. This is some good stuff.
Being a bit more scientific about it: the feeling is generally like a caffiene boost. Thought processes feel more clear and linear, less scatty than caffeine: I solved a problem that had been bugging the office for months in a few minutes of application. Manual dexterity is just as affected as on an espresso binge - typing is less accurate and more "fluttery". Very verbal and gabby, and very confident too. Hit my usual turn-back point for two miles and felt like I could go on for ages - that was a very, very nice feeling.
Its appetite-suppressant effect is odd. You still feel the knot of a hunger pang, but whereas I normally am unable to resist that, now it's just there and a thing. It's less important, and I can choose not to snack. I haven't snacked at all today: just the food on my plan (no brekky, pasta lunch, midafternoon flapjack, evening meal). That's frankly incredible for me.
Thirst is increased but manageably so. Heart rate feel slightly elevated but without a HRM I can't say for sure: I'm certainly more aware of it. Many people report increased sweating but it's been cold so I can't tell; I'm also a sweaty toad anyway so the effect, if any, may not be detectable against my baseline ooze.
All in all, good. I'll be interested to see how sleep and digestion are affected over the coming days. And if it stays this good, I shall obviously have to watch out for getting hooked on the stuff come two weeks from now.
- Okay, ECA stack part one. This is kinda exciting. I'm going to start on a low dose and keep an eye on it: ah, the power of blog. I'm incredibly susceptible to placebo effects so a long-term log is essential, particularly as I'm interested in seeing how the appetite-suppressant aspect works against my monster cravings.
The initial dose is one Franol, two Pro-Plus and half an adult aspirin, which is an active stack of 11mg ephedrine hydrochloride, 120mg theophylline, 100mg caffeine and 150mg aspirin. The caffeine's deliberately low because theophylline is a caffeine analogue and I don't want to overbake the caffeine side of the equation. I shall be taking this, initially at least, once in the morning and once in the early evening about an hour before training (before the ride home, or before the evening run, depending on what I'm doing). I may add a midday dose if I'm tolerating it well, and I may up the ephedrine if, again, I'm tolerating it well.
Now the cycle: ephedrine is addictive and receptors get flabby, so I'm going to use the traditional two weeks on, two weeks off approach. Watch this space for all the fun of the fair.
- Monday weigh-in. 102.4kg, 35.5. Okay, ignore the bodyfat 'cos those scales are wildly inaccurate but GAINING weight over last week? Fuck fuck fuck.
February 13, 2005
- Four miles of trailer chores in frankly incredible wind. As knackering as wrestling! Followed a few hours later by a two-mile run in 17:08. And I even remembered to stretch afterwards :)
February 12, 2005
- Couple of miles of trailer chores.
February 11, 2005
- Two mile run in 16:15.
February 10, 2005
- Thirty bike miles, relatively easy.
February 09, 2005
- A five mile angry power walk at lunchtime, and a mile and a quarter run in the evening. Tired, bad back, but hey, my Livewrong band arrived, so now I can train and celebrate the whole quasi-OCD demi-bulemic dysmorphic ache-hedonism of it over a beer and a pinch of mentholated snuff, rather than be taken as a worthy soul. That makes me smile.
February 08, 2005
- 19 miles.
February 07, 2005
- Weekly weigh-in: 101.8kg, 33.5%.
February 05, 2005
- Couple of miles trailer chores, and one mile run in 10:08.
February 04, 2005
- 30 miles bike. Sore arse!
February 03, 2005
- Run: 1 mile in 9:58. Better than last time :)
February 01, 2005
- Monthly weigh-in: 102.8kg, 33.5% bodyfat. 19 miles today; legs were trashed with post-run ache which the ride into work made really harsh.
Got to the end and not found the entry you're looking for? Check the archive for older stuff. This blog started on May 1st 2002, so don't expect to find anything before then.