December 24, 2003
- 12 miles on the bike, with trailer and goose.
December 23, 2003
- Home uppers as per usual, now with added troll.
Bench press 40kg x12, 50kg x8, 60kg x3, 65kg x1, 70kg nope, up into the sticking point but no farther. Take this incrementally.
Barbell curl 20kg x10, 24kg x8, 26kg x4. Good progress.
Hang clean 35kg x5, 40kg x6, 45kg x4.
Troll press - all pressed out!
Gripper (T) 5/5 spring up, 5/5 spring down, 5/3 spring up; (1) 2/2 spring down.
- Yesterday: 12 miles bike with trailer.
December 19, 2003
- 11 miles bike and a little troll-wrestling. I managed four overhead presses from the ground, one was a bit of a slip-off and one was more of a throw. The other two were one-white-light events. And that's me done for the day. Thank you, and goodnight.
That thing is evil. I'm in love.
- I have a new training toy. It's a duffel bag two-thirds full of damp sand. Just making it was tiring - it's got to weigh about 120lbs. This for carrying, overhead pressing, general wrassling and the like. It squats in my porch like a troll, and I am rather scared of it - and eager to give it a slap.
December 18, 2003
- Motivated by Brooks Kubik's Dinosaur Training, got a new PB in bench today adn played with my new trainer gripper (the lightest CoC gripper they do).
Bench press 35kg x15, 45kg x12, 55kg x4, 62kg x2, 67kg x1.
Gripper 4/4 spring up, 4/4 spring down, 5/4 up, 5/3 down. Right hand is weaker.
Oh, and twelve bike miles with the trailer, half of them heavily loaded (with wet sand!).
December 15, 2003
- Two mile night run. Hard on the abs, easy on the legs. I'll start timing these and adding stuff like intervals once I get used to doing them at all! Protein afterwards.
December 12, 2003
- A bit lighter today, got an iffy rotator cuff in my right shoulder so I didn't want to push singles. First off, a one mile run, then:
Hang clean 35kg x8, 40kg x4, 45kg x3.
Bent-over barbell row 30kg x12, 40kg x7, 45kg x4. This felt a bit too heavy to really articulate the scapulae properly: go lighter and for form.
Bench press 35kg x10, 45kg x10, 50kg x6. Nice.
Standing barbell row 30kg x8, x6, x5. This is a new one, works the anterior delts, biceps and upper chunk of the pecs nicely. Superset today with:
Wrist roller 9kg, once each way.
Barbell curl 20kg x8, 24kg x5, 25kg x3. A bit burned out by this point!
December 10, 2003
- About 40 miles. Ouch, my knees.
December 09, 2003
- A little off-road biking the other day (mud, glorious mud!). Yesterday, 12 miles plus just bench - tried to keep that load off my back.
Bench press 35kg x12, 45kg x8, 55kg x3, 60kg x2, 65kg x1. Stick on 70, so rep out on these numbers for a while.
December 06, 2003
- Back still too bad to do any compounds. 16 miles bike on Thursday, 13 today.
December 03, 2003
- Whoops! Schoolboy error today - I didn't bother to warm up before going into early morning squats without any breakfast. Guess what? I've lightly strained my lower back. Bollocks.
Got to the end and not found the entry you're looking for? Check the archive for older stuff. This blog started on May 1st 2002, so don't expect to find anything before then.