March 31, 2003
- Weekly mileage: 92.5. The van was in for its MOT :)
March 23, 2003
- Spring Equinox, and time for my quarterly appraisal. This has been a quiet but fairly steady quarter. I've got more into the habit of training at lunchtimes, which suits me very nicely, but it has been hard making the time: I need to be stricter. Cycling mileage has been disappointing, though with the weather getting nicer and the clocks going forward, I hope to up that. I have about 20lbs of winter weight to shift (not all fat, I hope!).
So what's the plan? More lunchtime training - I want that to be the norm rather than the exception. More of the very salubrious bike-in-train-home, which makes for a nice twenty miles of a day without making it a chore in the evenings. And maybe turn that railway sleeper into a bench!
- Still suffering from those squats. Weekly mileage, just 32.1.
March 21, 2003
- Squats. Memo to self: do not, EVER, do squats again without warming up. Crampy argh.
Squat 70kg x12, 85kg x10, 100kg x6. Plug for more in those final reps.
Calf raise 220kg x17, 270kg x17, 320kg x17. Go for eighteen, you loon.
Incline crunch 15, 7, 4. Too much leg cramp to do these cleanly.
March 17, 2003
- Weekly mileage: just 24 miles this week.
March 16, 2003
- Home session:
Hang clean 15kg x10, 25kg x9, x9. Improvement over last time; target 10.
Hammer curl 10kg x8, x9, x9.
#1 Gripper 4 partial (1 left closure), 4 partial (1 left closure).
Bench dip x15, x15, x15.
Lateral raise 10kg x10, x7, x4.
March 12, 2003
- Not been in the gym for ages and blimey, it showed. Bench day, and my triceps got so wasted that I only did:
Bench press 20kg x10, 25kg x10, 30kg x5 and got stuck. Aiee.
Incline bench press 12.5kg x8, 5, 4.
Hang clean 10kg x5, 7.5kg x6, 4.
March 10, 2003
- Weekly mileage 39.7.
March 03, 2003
- Weekly mileage 82.4. Meant to be doing bench today but it's fucking grim outside!
Got to the end and not found the entry you're looking for? Check the archive for older stuff. This blog started on May 1st 2002, so don't expect to find anything before then.